Smarter Lunchroom Training (FREE)
Still Time to Register!
June & July One Day 9am - 3pm REGISTER NOW!
School Foodservice Excellence Training (SFET) offers the opportunity for School Foodservice Directors, Managers, and Front-Line Staff to:
• develop new techniques for increasing participation,
• encourage students to take and eat healthier options, and
• bolster school foodservice’s reputation.
This training uses methods developed through the Smarter Lunchrooms Movement and involves hands-on activities and direct application to each participant’s cafeteria. Participants will also learn how to apply these methods to the Healthier US School Challenge and even USDA Foods. The training session will be customized according to the participant’s goals for their foodservice program, so be prepared to share struggles and successes, to interact with other school foodservice staff from around Indiana, and to participate in an encouraging atmosphere!
There is a training site in your area:
Southwest: June 2, Monday; Warrick County (Castle South Middle School, Newburgh)
South: June 4, Wednesday; Jackson County (Redding Elementary, Seymour)
Northeast: June 30, Monday, Noble County (North Side Elementary, Kendallville)
Central: July 8, Tuesday; Johnson County (Clark-Pleasant Middle School, Greenwood)
North: July 10, Thursday; Cass County (Logansport High School, Logansport)
East Central: July 23 , Henry County (Shenandoah Elementary, Middletown)
Northwest: July 24, Thursday; Porter County (Boone Grove High School, Valparaiso)
West Central: July 31, Thursday; Clay County (Central Office-Clay Community, Brazil)
Sub-grant opportunities are also available!
Interested in applying for the Healthier US School Challenge? There is now a grant opportunity available to help schools apply for and receive the Healthier US School Challenge award. Read on for more information!
- Sub-grant schools will need to implement Smarter Lunchroom principles, document their successes using video, and apply for the HUSSC. (We’ll be providing A LOT of help!)
- Awarded schools will be offered $ 1300 over a two year period.
- Each sub-grant school will have the opportunity to send a foodservice representative to the 2015 Indiana School Nutrition Association training to showcase their successes.
- To learn more, please view our recorded webinar here.
- Applications may be downloaded here.
- Questions? Contact Beth Foland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE CONTACT THE ISNA OFFICE WITH QUESTIONS - 877-245-8624 or
SMARTER LUNCHROOM TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
Training provided by Allie Caito-Sipe and Beth Foland of the
Indiana Department of Education, School & Community Nutrition division.