2019 ISNA Spring Seminar
Call for Speakers!!!
Friday, April 26, 2019 (Plainfield, IN)
ISNA’s Spring Seminar provides a unique experience for school foodservice with a focus on the key areas of Administation and Communications & Marketing. Spring Seminar caters to you and the challenges you face on a daily basis by providing targeted learning sessions to help you navigate the ever changing school nutrition environment.
To guarantee seminar program content that is timely, relevant and targets the attendees’ needs, the professional development committee will review all proposals. The committee may supplement programming by inviting speakers to address specific topics as identified.
- ISNA will only accept proposals meeting the following formats:
Education Sessions: 60-minute, interactive lecture session or panel discussion on an administration or communications/marketing topic that is presented and discussed.
- Take place on Friday, April 26, 2019.
- Include a brief question and answer period within the 60 minute presentation.
- Panel sessions are limited to 3 speakers/panelists.
- Sessions are set in theatre style or rounds and seating typically accommodates approx. 70-100 attendees per session.
- Speakers do not need to be ISNA members
- ISNA does not provide speaker fees or travel expense reimbursement for education session speakers.
- Speakers are expected to make their own travel arrangements unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.
- Proposals must be submitted to Sheri Shipp, Executive Director, by Friday, February 15, 2019 to be considered. Email: [email protected] or P.O. Box 915, Brownsburg, IN 46112.
- The primary contact must provide contact information for ALL speakers, including name, address, phone number and email address.
- Speakers understand that ISNA does not permit hard copy handouts containing any promotional information to attendees.
- All speakers must accept, sign and return to ISNA the Education Session Speaker Agreement (to be sent after proposals are accepted) and the PowerPoint Presentation that will be used.
- If your proposal is selected, presentations must be submitted to ISNA which reserves the right to revise presentation titles, reassign the Key Area and/or edit the program summary for promotional and program materials.
- Changes to submitted presentations may not be made without permission from ISNA.
- Speakers agree that the presentation becomes the property of ISNA and may be archived for future use.
- ISNA may capture (audio/video) selected sessions.
CALL FOR PROPOSAL CONTENT
Proposals should focus on the following key areas:
Administration or Communications & Marketing
- Presentation Information: Presentation Focus (Key Area - admin. or Communications & Marketing), Title, Learning Objectives, Description, and Target Audience.
- Speaker Information: Is the speaker a SNA Member, Name, Credentials, Title, Company/School District, Address, Phone, Fax, Email, Level of Education, Field of Study, Background experience with the Presentation Topic along with list of presentations/locations made within the past 12 months.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
The PD committee will review your proposal based on meeting all of the following criteria:
- Accurate, Timely and Relevant Content
- Engaging and appropriate title
- Accurate and up-to-date information
- Relevant to school nutrition
- NO Product/Vendor Commercials
- Commercials/proprietary information for particular products, services, and vendors ARE NOT PERMITTED in the Call for Proposal, the PowerPoint presentation and during the sessions. If commercial/promotional content is included, your proposal will not be accepted for the educational programming.
- For PowerPoint presentations, company logos are only allowed on the opening presentation slide.
- Concise Learning Objectives
- Descriptive learning objectives that address how participants will benefit from the session
- Learning Objectives should be action statements, defined in terms of knowledge, skills or attitudes participants will learn attending the session